I think my Macbook is about to die soon. I'll explain...

Battery:
Lately the battery drains so fast, especially during the night. For example yesterday, I shut down my laptop with about 60% left and this morning when I started it, the battery was down to 43%. Then, I used it for only ~15 minutes and the battery has dropped to 20%. Like, WTF? If I check the cycle count of the battery, it is at 341 (Normal). I think it must be the problem.

RAM (memory):
Also, my Macbook might not have enough memory to run the OS X Lion with only 2GB of RAM. Everytime I'm watching videos on YouTube, literally after ONE minute, the fan starts running and the noise is loud. Same thing when the screensaver is on, the fan starts running loudly right away.

About my Macbook:
Model: White Macbook 13-inch, early 2008
Software: Mac OS X Lion, Version: 10.7.2 - when bought it had Leopard installed (10.5.X)
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Hard drive capacity: 160 GB

What should I do?
A) Buy one 2GB of RAM & a new battery -- 3 GB of RAM should be fine
B) Buy 2x 2GB of RAM & a new battery
C) Don't buy anything. Downgrade the OS to Leopard
D) Buy a new Macbook

If you choose answer D), which Macbook should I get:
1) Macbook Air
2) Macbook Pro

Credit: Picture of the Macbook ?

Labels: ,

Posted on: Sunday, February 03, 2013 | 0 comment(s)

Post a Comment